SV077 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking northeast at the corner of Lafayette and Mill (now part of Washington) Streets at Mill Hill, looking down the street and toward what was then the "Relief No. 3" Engine House.
Published by Charles A. Beckford, 141 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1868-70, and republished by Henry P. Ives, 232 Essex Street, Salem, Mass.
The wooden station seen here was later replaced with a brick one, which would succumb to the Great Fire of 1914 along with all the other buildings visible in this shot. The land at the corner is now the site of Lafayette Park.
Salem, Lafayette Street, Lafayette Fire House, Lafayette Park, Mill Hill