SV072 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the old Lang House at 371 ½ Essex Street, built in 1740. Occupied by Mrs. Sally Bacon's cent shop from 1842-1864, and purchased by politician William Crowninshield Endicott c. 1870 along with the neighboring Cabot House (slightly visible in the far-left background) at 365 Essex Street. In 1894 ownership passed to Endicott's friend, merchant and silversmith Daniel Low, and the building was demolished to establish a larger yard for the Cabot-Endicott-Low House.
Salem, Lang House, William C. Endicott, Essex Street, Daniel Low, Sally Bacon