SV071 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the old First Church at Town House Square on Essex Street, built in 1826, before its 1874 renovation in High Victorian Gothic style.
Published by G.K. Proctor, 163 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1870.
The church moved to the meetinghouse of the North Church (present First Church) in 1923 following a merger, and the building at Townhouse Square was later occupied by Daniel Low & Company until 1994. Presently, the building is occupied by Rockafellas restaurant and Colonial Hall.
View is the same as SV-070, published by Guy & Bros.
Salem, Churches, First Church, Essex Street, Daniel Low, Town House Square