SV070 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the old First Church at Town House Square on Essex Street, built in 1826, before the mid-1870s addition in High Victorian Gothic style. The church moved to the meetinghouse of the North Church (present First Church) in 1923 following a merger, and the building at Townhouse Square was then occupied by Daniel Low & Company until 1994. Presently, the building is occupied by Rockafellas restaurant and Colonial Hall.
Salem, Churches, Essex Street, First Church, Daniel Low, Town House Square