SV059 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View down Essex Street from Washington Street, with a particular focus on some of the buildings at Town House Square. At left stands the First Church building which later would became the home of Daniel Low & Company. To the center stands the Holyoke Building which housed Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company, until 1936 when it moved to a new building at Holyoke Square, and later housed the locally famous Gerber's Restaurant. To the right of the Holyoke Building stands the old Price's Block, then home to Julian A. Fogg & Co. A new Price Building was built on the site c. 1876. Both the Holyoke Building and the newer Price Building were destroyed by fire in January, 1971, and the site now houses Lappin Park and the Bewitched statue.
Salem, Town House Square, Essex Street, Washington Street, Price's Block, Holyoke Building, First Church