SV349 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of a band assembled on Newbury St. outside the Franklin Building, home to the Salem Marine Society, for the centennial celebration on July 4, 1876.
The Franklin Building is non-extant today, and the site is now home to the Hawthorne Hotel. To the right, the tower of St. Mary's Church is visible. Below the tower are non-extant buildings between Elm and Walnut Streets, now the site of Hawthorne Boulevard.
Salem, Centennial, Buildings, Franklin Building, Maritime Hall, Bands