SV275 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking northeast from Mill Hill toward what was then the "Relief No. 3" Engine House at the corner of Lafayette and Mill (now part of Washington) Streets. The wooden station was later replaced with a brick structure that would succumb to the Great Fire of 1914, along with all the other buildings visible in this shot. The land at the corner is now the site of Lafayette Park.
Creator unknown, c. 1868-70.
Salem, Fire Stations, Relief No. 3, Engine House No. 1, Lafayette Street, Mill Street, Washington Street, Mill Hill