SV243 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking to the southwest of the Tabernacle Church, Congregational, on Washington Street at the corner with Federal Street. Built 1777, the church building in view is the second Tabernacle Church building. This church building is not the current iteration; the church present today was constructed in 1924.
Visible to the left of the church lies the house of Henry G. Hubon, owner of a coffin warehouse, at 52-54 Washington Street. By 1874, Hubon had moved up the street and the home became occupied by Samuel Day. The home went through multiple owners after that, and was eventually demolished at some time between 1921 and 1931. It is now the site of parking lot.
Salem, Churches, Tabernacle Church, Congregational, Washington Street