SV240 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking to the south from the direction of Essex Street showing the back of the South Church, Congregational, on Chestnut Street with the chapel visible (below and directly behind main church) along with several other neighboring buildings. In the foreground, the yards of adjoining homes are in view. The church was built 1803-1804 and designed by Samuel McIntire. Destroyed by fire in 1903.
Salem, Churches, South Church, Congregational, Chestnut Street