SV233 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View from the ground to the northeast of the Roger Williams Church (also known as the Quaker Meeting House), located behind Plummer Hall on the grounds of the Essex Institute.
Description from back: "The first Church built in Salem, erected in 1634, now preserved as a relic, in rear of Plummer Hall."
Published by photographer G.K. Proctor at 206 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., in "American Views," c. 1869-72. Printed by J.H. Choate.
View is the same as SV230 and SV234.
Salem, Relics, Churches, Roger Williams, Quaker Meeting House