SV231 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View from the ground to the northwest of the Roger Williams Church, also known today as the Quaker Meeting House, located behind Plummer Hall.
Description from back: "The first Church built in Salem, erected in 1634, now preserved as a relic, in rear of Plummer Hall."
Published by photographer G.K. Proctor at 206 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., in "American Views," c. 1869-74.
Today, the structure is extant but no longer is situated at this exact spot, which is now a parking lot, and it has been moved slightly to the northeast and rotated 90 degrees.
View is the same as SV229.
Salem, Relics, Churches, Roger Williams, Quaker Meeting House