SV230 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View from the ground to the northeast of the Roger Williams Church, also known today as the Quaker Meeting House, located behind Plummer Hall.
Description from back: "The first Church built in Salem, erected in 1634, now preserved as a relic, in rear of Plummer Hall."
Published by photographer G.K. Proctor at 206 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., in "American Views," c. 1869-72. Over Proctor, it is stamped published by J.S. Lefavour, "artist," Beverly, Mass.
Today, the structure is extant but no longer is situated at this exact spot, which is now a parking lot, and it has been moved slightly to the northeast and rotated 90 degrees.
View is the same as SV233 and SV234.
Salem, Relics, Churches, Roger Williams, Quaker Meeting House