SV229 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View from the ground to the northwest of the Roger Williams Church, also known today as the Quaker Meeting House, located behind Plummer Hall.
Published by John P. Tilton at 220 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., in "Views of Salem, Mass., and Vicinity," c. 1874-78. Probably taken by photographer G.K. Proctor, c. 1869-74, as it is a duplicate of one his views.
Today, the structure no longer is situated at this exact spot, which is now a parking lot, and it has been moved slightly to the northeast and rotated 90 degrees.
View is the same as SV231.
Salem, Relics, Churches, Roger Williams, Quaker Meeting House