SV223 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View, from Essex Street, of the North Church at 316 Essex Street (built in 1836 after separation with the First Church at Town House Square).
Published by G.M. Whipple & A.A. Smith, Salem, Mass., c. 1870.
Upon reintegration in 1923 with the First Church, and subsequently becoming the home for the newly reunited congregation, the North Church building became known as home to one of the oldest continuous Protestant congregation in the country with a foundation date of 1629.
Salem, Churches, North Church, First Church, Essex Street