SV221 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View, from Essex Street, of the North Church at 316 Essex Street (built in 1836 after separation with the First Church at Town House Square). Three men are in view.
Published by Miller & Best at 67 High Street, Boston, for Larkin W. Story at the Masonic Block, Beverly, Mass, c. 1882-85. However, the view is the same as one published by Guy & Bros. and photographed by Cook & Friend, c. 1872.
Upon reintegration in 1923 with the First Church, and subsequently becoming the home for the newly reunited congregation, the North Church building became known as home to the one of the oldest continuous Protestant congregation in the country with a foundation date of 1629. Source: First Church in Salem
View is the same as SV220.
Salem, Churches, North Church, First Church, Essex Street, People