Title

North Church

Creator

Guy & Bros.

Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1870

Description

SV220 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the North Church at 316 Essex Street, built in 1836 after separation with the First Church at Town House Square. Upon reintegration in 1923 with the First Church, and subsequently becoming the home for the newly reunited congregation, the North Church building became known as home to the oldest continuous Protestant congregation in the country with a foundation date of 1629.

Keywords

Salem, North Church, First Church, Essex Street

Image Location

 
COinS