SV200 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the First Baptist Church as it stood at 56 Federal Street, with its Federal-style tower (built in 1827).
Published "expressly for" Guy & Bros. at 163 Essex Street, c. 1872. Photographed by Cook & Friend.
Today, the building is extant but no longer stands at 56 Federal; the oldest part of the church, dating to 1805, was moved at the end of 2008 to a new location at the corner of North and Essex Streets to be used as a law library for the J. Michael Ruane Judicial Center. Source: Salem Links & Lore
Salem, First Baptist Church, Federal Street