Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1910

Description

SV184 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the Witch House at the corners of North and Essex Streets from North Street as it looking during the early 20th century, when it served as both a tourist destination and a drug store. Touted as the home of the presiding Judge Jonathan Corwin during the 1692 Witch Trials, and also (since-disproven) as the home of Roger Williams during his time in Salem.

Includes a (much eroded and in poor condition) back with detailed description. To view, please see duplicate copy in the description of SV183.

Keywords

Salem, Witch House, Jonathan Corwin, Roger Williams, Essex Street, North Street

Image Location

 
COinS