SV175 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of Plummer Hall at 134 Essex St, then home to the Salem Athenaeum, which built the hall with funds bequeathed by Caroline Plummer in the 1850s. Along with the adjacent John Tucker Daland House (visible to the right), the building was more recently home to the Peabody Essex Museum's Phillips Library, which has since been removed.
Published by Charles G. Fogg, 163 Essex St., Salem, Mass. c. 1874-76.
View is the same as SV176 and SV179, published by J.W. & J.S. Moulton.
Salem, Plummer Hall, Salem Athenaeum, Phillips Library, John Tucker Daland House