SV153 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View looking up Essex Street at the East India Marine Hall, with the fronts of the Naumkeag National Bank and George P. Farrington's drugstore visible on the bottom floor.
Flanking the hall, on the right, Guy & Brother's crockery store at 163 Essex Street can be seen. On the left side of the hall, the "Pavilion" building housing David Conrad's ladies' furnishing goods store at 155 Essex Street is visible. Further down Essex St. on the left, a sign for Stanley & Norton's gas fixtures at 151 Essex Street is also in view.
Published by G.K. Proctor, 206 Essex Street, Salem, Mass., c. 1870.
Salem, East India Marine Hall, Marine Hall, Peabody Academy, Essex Street