Preview

image preview

Creation Date

1870

Description

SV139 — Nelson Dionne Collection. View of the redbrick Joshua Ward house at 148 Washington Street. Built in 1785, the house reportedly hosted George Washington during his 1789 visit to Salem. Renovated and used as a tavern during the 19th century when this picture was taken, the house has since been restored to its original form and now houses a boutique hotel.

Keywords

Salem, Joshua Ward, Downtown, Washington Street, George Washington, The Merchant

Image Location

 
COinS